Sunday 27 May 2012

Sub tropical storm Beryl has arrived !

It happens in the best moments just eating cheese on toast with my good friend Dean, watching the girl next door performing her nightly hoola hooping exercises when the wind started to blow warmly and Dean decided to leave. The house started  shaking and rumbling  to the wind  and the rain and I hoped it would translate on my silly camera, but no you can only imagine ! stair rods of rain  moving slightly sideways, warm air and winds,  sirens and possibilities of power cuts and advising to stay put.
I am rapidly approaching my last day of teaching and my first year  here! I have survived.......
A year of steep learning curves, new language and the best quote from one of my most intelligent funny students who sadly  left before finishing.
Question :  What is a brayer ? (English term a roller)
Answer: A person whose vocal volume exceeds their control over said volume !
I awarded extra points...................

No comments:

Post a Comment